D vs Go in real life, part 2. Also, Erlang.

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:11:26 PST 2013

> It would be interesting to have a GitHub repo with the scripts
> for each language,

I might set this up after / because of the blog post. We'll see
how it goes.

>vibe.d also has a multithreaded version that
> is off by default (fibers created from new tcp connections are
> distributed in a thread pool where communication is done
> through Isolated!()).

Oh, I know. I tried it. The threads spent more time sending
messages to each other than doing actual work. And that was
before I changed the data structure for the subscriptions so it
did even less work.

The problem (at least with those 2 benchmarks) just isn't
amenable to be made faster by throwing threads at it. It wasn't
just the D/vibe.d version. The Go and Erlang versions were tried
with multiple threads as well. They either stayed at the same
speed or ran slower.

Atila