Build Master: Scheduling II

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Thu Dec 5 00:09:43 PST 2013

On Thursday, 5 December 2013 at 07:58:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> * Not a single person need to have all different platforms to
> create a release

We'll need to move to building linux distribution specific build
to fix issues with shared library dependencies, so it's even more
platforms.

> * We don't need to rely on someone else to build packages for a
> given platform. He/she may be away for a few days and suddenly
> we can't get a release for a given platform

Automation is definitely a good solution.

> * It's reproducible. We're creating the release on the same
> machines every time

I think a good solution would be to prepare clean virtualbox
images that are used for building.