D vs Go in real life, part 2. Also, Erlang.

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:55:10 PST 2013

> So, a DMD-compiled D program vs GCC-compiled (?) C program
> fighting for latency? That might be a reason. Interesting we
> still win with throughput.

Yeah, the C version was compiled with gcc 4.8.2. I'd've used
either ldc or gdc with my version but:

. vibe.d didn't even compile with ldc.
. The gdc in the Arch Linux package couldn't compile anything
that included one of the files in std, I can't remember which
now, for most of the time I worked on this.
. When the gdc package got fixed, I managed to compile my app
with vibe.d. It crashed as soon as I tried using it.

> The variance/standard deviation of pingtest-C-20 with 4.4
> stands out. What happens there?

Can't remember.

Atila