D vs Go in real life, part 2. Also, Erlang.

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Dec 6 00:30:00 PST 2013

On 06/12/13 08:58, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Additionally there seems to be a contiguous disease when using
> those languages, where one tries to micro-optimize every code
> line as it gets written.

In a way I think it's a disease that one has to go through with those languages,
because in the end it usually leads to a few optimization insights (or "don't do
this" insights) combined with the realization that it's much more productive to
focus on algorithms and to let the compiler get on with its job, which it
usually does better than any human.