D Programmer Jobs at Sociomantic Labs

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:49:18 PST 2013

On Friday, 6 December 2013 at 12:37:48 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 12/5/13, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:
>> Just got the formal confirmation from HR - you can certainly
>> expect some extra help during first months to get settled. If
>> you
>> apply via careers at sociomantic.com , just mention your concerns
>> in
>> e-mail / during interview to get any specific details.
>
> Well I'll certainly think about writing a resume / application.
> But I
> don't think I have much chances. I don't have a CS degree, and
> my work
> experience is not programming-related. I don't have experience
> with
> distributed architectures either.

I can't really speak for Sociomantic, but really if you are smart
and a good coder that should count as much or more than a CS
degree.  You can't teach smart! If you have code you have written
on github (or anywhere else out there) then make them aware of
that.  If you have contributed to DMD, Phobos it is likely more
advanced than a lot of full-time jobs for new grads anyways. So
while you may not have 'paid' work experience you can demonstrate
that you have real world experience.