D Programmer Jobs at Sociomantic Labs

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:47:36 PST 2013

On Friday, 6 December 2013 at 13:11:37 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-12-06 14:02, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> [13:56:54] Marenz: real programmers have crappy CVs
>> [13:56:57] Marenz: BECAUSE WE CAN
>>
>> No real must-haves. Just be aware that CV's are checked here by
>> programmers, not HR's, so keeping it short and focused on
>> technical
>> details is appreciated, as well as any links to open-source
>> activity.
>
> Really? That's an enormous advantage. Compared to HR people
> which will not even look at a CV unless you have a fancy degree.

Better yet are organizations that use computer programs to screen
the resumes.  At one time I applied to tonnes of positions with
the Canadian gov't and never got an interview even when my skills
matched the job description perfectly.  Then I realized that the
trick was to copy and paste the job description into my resume,
and just work my experience around it.  All of the sudden I
started getting interviews.

Often they would have a form where you had to fill in your
Education, so they would 100% for sure screen out someone without
a degree. I think they would do better if managers just went back
to hiring family members :o)