Publication of the French traduction on ddili

Raphaël Jakse raphael.jakse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 09:21:23 PST 2013

Hello everybody.

I published the current state of my translation on Gitorious:

https://gitorious.org/programmez-en-d

There are about 42 chapters still to translate, with three of them still
to translate from Turkish to English.

I think it is time to begin a proofread of the first chapters.
For the moment, I'm willing to continue the translation of the chapters
which are still to translate, even though this might change in the
future. This week I managed to translate 4 chapters, I hope to advance
the translation at good pace for Christmas holidays.

Important facts:
  - You can get the ordering of the chapters in langage_d.whata, which
is the main document, and in map.txt, which lists the connections
between file names of English chapters at
https://code.google.com/p/ddili/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fders%2Fd.en
and French file names.
  - The document is written in Whata!, which is a home made syntax
translating in LaTeX and HTML to produce the final document. You can get
a program written in D which translate Whata! into LaTeX here:
https://gitorious.org/whata/whata-d/

    To produce a PDF of the whole document, install whata and type:
     $ pdfwhata langage_d.whata
    Be sure you installed XeLaTeX.

    To produce a PDF of a chapter, type:
     $ pdfwhata the_chapter.whata

    Some chapters, like the chapter on exceptions, are somewhat broken
because of special characters. When I or someone find a way to make
LaTeX handle special characters that are not part of its default font,
we'll be in the best world ever.
  - corrections of the exercises are in the corrections folder.
  - first chapters were translated a year ago, and this is my first
real-life translation of a document. Last chapters were translated
recently, often under tiredness. While I try to do my best, expect many
silly mistakes (I've kind of proofread some parts, it wasn't pretty)
  - The translation should be published on dlang-fr, both in HTML and
PDF. I still didn't published the Whata! to HTML converting program as
it's not quite ready in my opinion, but it works somewhat well.

For those who want to  proofread, the best thing to do is probably to
say you are proofreading the chapter x, and contact me for corrections.
You can ask for a pull-request or send me your correction by mail, or
use another way I didn't think of and is convenient for all of us. In
case you have any doubt about whether a chapter is already proofread or
not, please ask, I will keep track of what happens. Several proofreaders
of the same chapter is not bad!

I will be more than happy if you suggest improvements, rephrasing or
anything beyond grammar and orthographic mistakes. Please spam; I
already spam Ali with corrections of his English version. I will be glad
if you begin your e-mail subjects with [trad-ddili].

If you have any idea, question, suggestion, reclamation, please ask :-)

Do you think we should start publishing the first proofread chapters?

Cheers,
Raphaël