Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 07:20:38 PST 2013

07-Dec-2013 12:07, qznc пишет:
> On Saturday, 7 December 2013 at 00:26:34 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 01:09:00AM +0100, John Colvin wrote:
>
> What is the actual problem? Compile times? Binary size? Surely not
> performance or efficency.

Binary size and compile times. Since the end result doesn't penalize
end-user in any other way it's a win across the board.

And you can always import whole packages.

> I remember someone from the Go team (maybe Pike), that they have
> deliberate code duplication in the standard library to decouple it. I
> did not understand the reasoning there, too.

That is just one way to it. Most of the time "the right thing" is to
factor things into smaller reusable parts. Unlike Go we have ways to
write very flexible code once and have it run at top speed in all cases.

--
Dmitry Olshansky