Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 13:32:36 PST 2013

On Saturday, 7 December 2013 at 16:23:17 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
> This is not the first time you are commenting my 'tenor' which
> is an unusual thing. Of course, it is dissosant in this
> 'forum', if you mean by forum constant advertisement which does
> not express full information about the subject (like reddit
> link bombing). When speaking about D newsgroups in general, I
> found myself pretty neutral.

Sorry you aren't. Your argument do make a lot of sense. D do not
devirtualize ? Can you explain me how C does ? You are actually
mentioning drawback that C have too, the only difference between
C and D on these is that C do not have the advantages.

> I remember regex implementation as example of superior
> performance. I don't remember any other libraries, projects
> (perhaps vide.d in some activities). Meanwhile, many people
> regular complain on some problems. I do remember only one
> thread (it was started by Jonathan) which was devoted to single
> purpose of describing how D language is usefull and good to
> solve problems.

Tango.xml is another example. When it come to text processing, D
is a no match to C.