Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 7 17:59:18 PST 2013

On 12/7/2013 5:49 PM, "Luís Marques" <luis at luismarques.eu>" wrote:
> Do you include renaming a variable as refactoring? I'm sure you can appreciate
> that having a tool automate that process reduces errors, and is faster (a
> generic text replace function is dangerous).

I've done global renaming, and it just hasn't been much of an issue. I suppose
if I did it a lot a tool would help, but I don't do it often enough to matter.

I also usually run grep first to make sure I don't bork things up completely :-)

But when I talk about refactoring, I mean things like changing data structures
and algorithms. Renaming things is pretty far over on the trivial end, and isn't
going to help your program run any faster.