Advertisements on the D site

ed sillymongrel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 20:54:51 PST 2013

On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 04:46:41 UTC, ed wrote:
> On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 04:33:34 UTC, Robert Nagel wrote:
>> I was browsing the site for the first time and I am put off
>> somewhat by the use of advertisements on the bottom of the
>> site pages. I understand that it can help to raise money but I
>> feel it somewhat hurts the professional appearance of the site.
>>
>> Didn't know where else to post this, just chipping in my few
>> cents.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> P.S.: Here is just one example, look at the bottom.
>> http://dlang.org/type.html
>
> I followed the link and I do not see any ads.

In the sources for that page there is this...
---
[snip]

<!-- Google ad -->
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
/**/google_ad_client = "pub-5628673096434613";
/**/google_ad_width = 728;
/**/google_ad_height = 90;
/**/google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
/**/google_ad_channel ="3651639259";
/**/google_page_url = document.location;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

[snip]
---

But it appears the ad parameters are commented out with a <!-- ..
--> so I don't know why it appears for you and not me.

Cheers,
ed