dmd git head completely broken on ubuntu (but not osx)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 9 11:32:20 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 10:54:19AM -0800, Timothee Cour wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
[...]
> it fails on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (64bit) and Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS (64bit),
> and works on OSX.
>
> what is your configuration where it works?

I'm running Debian/unstable, 64-bit, and using dmd/druntime/phobos git
HEAD. I don't know how different it is from Ubuntu, but I think most of
the system libraries should be the same(?).

Can you attach a faulty executable (and its corresponding object file
before linking) to bugzilla?  It would at least give us something to
work with, otherwise we're just playing the guessing game.

Also, assuming that it runs in my environment (I'm pretty sure it will,
since Debian & Ubuntu have essentially the same base system), I'd be
able to see the segfault in the debugger and hopefully figure out what
might have gone wrong.