D-Link with R/MATLAB/Julia/SQL

bachmeier no at spam.com
Mon Dec 9 12:42:45 PST 2013

Here is a related link that is relevant to D:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/attachments/20131209/ec911711/attachment.pl

It's an announcement that he's moving to Julia, but part of the
problem is

"Eigen is a complex code base using what is called "template
meta-programming" in C++.  Making modifications to such code can
be
difficult.  I can't claim to fully understand all the details in
Eigen and
in Rcpp.  I am a user of these code bases, not a developer."

That's my experience as well. C++ is fine for simple things, but
once you cross the line from simple to intermediate, all hell
breaks loose. D is IMO a much better choice for working with R
because it's possible to understand what is going on inside the D
code even if you have less than 10 years of D programming
experience.