Probable C# 6.0 features

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:52:37 PST 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:54:23 -0800, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org>
wrote:

> Am 10.12.2013 23:49, schrieb Adam Wilson:
>> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:57:59 -0800, Suliman <evermind at live.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it would be possible to get some good idea from next version of
>>> C#
>>> It's only ideas about next version, but new future maybe next:
>>> http://damieng.com/blog/2013/12/09/probable-c-6-0-features-illustrated
>>
>> Let's not forget the biggest feature of C# 6.0, Roslyn and
>> Compiler-as-a-Library! *nudgenudge*
>>
>> Also I was reading an interview with Anders and he talked about
>> something VERY interesting. Immutable AST's...
>>
>> I wonder how they did that? Since D has immutability, rewriting the
>> front-end as a library in D could be extremely interesting, and unlike
>> Roslyn, it'd be native-code...
>>
>> I'm just saying...
>>
>> :-D
>>

> Except Rosylin is also native code when you deploy with NGEN, Windows
> Phone 8 or the upcoming native C# compiler mentioned at Visual 2013
> launch keynote.
>
> --
> Paulo

Agreed. But those are implementation details in practice. From the
standpoint of the language it's still C#. And indeed the Native C#
compiler is probably the most interesting to me personally, however, for
the moment, according to Anders the default mode of Roslyn is JIT'ed IL.
:-)

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender