Probable C# 6.0 features

qznc qznc at web.de
Wed Dec 11 08:14:13 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 14:32:34 UTC, Robert Clipsham
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 December 2013 at 23:53:25 UTC, Ary Borenszweig
> wrote:
>> On 12/10/13 5:35 PM, Namespace wrote:
>>> I love Monadic null checking. Would be great if D would have
>>> it.
>>
>> What does a monad have to do with that?
>>
>> (just out of curiosity... BTW, the other day I friend tried to
>> explain me monads and he realized couldn't understand them
>> himself)
>
> Monads suffer from the same problem algebra, templates and many
> other things do in that they have a scary name and are often
> poorly explained.

They are too trivial to comprehend. ;)

Integers are a finite ring [0]. What does that tell you? Does it
help you that there is "multiplicative inverse modulo N" for
every integer? If you do crypto or hash stuff, it sometimes does.
Most programmers do not have to care, though.

[0]
http://jonisalonen.com/2013/mathematical-foundations-of-computer-integers/