OT: Your accomplishments in 2013 and plans for 2014

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Dec 12 00:46:29 PST 2013

On 11 December 2013 21:30, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 11/12/13 22:00, bearophile wrote:
>>
>> I am glad to read all this. And yes, good vegetables are very good food. I
>> also
>> suggest raw fennel, raw carrots, raw celery stalks, raw cucumber, steamed
>> broccoli (and related: brassica oleracea var capitata rubyball, purple
>> cauliflower, romanesco broccoli, curled cabbage, lacinato kale, both
>> steamed and
>> in soups with some breads and carrot pieces, zucchine (cucurbita pepo)),
>> eggplants, plus several fruits as pomegranate, etc. :-)
>

> Take sliced fennel, sliced celery, partially-crushed walnuts, mix together,
> grate flakes of parmesan over the top, and finally drizzle over with a
> really good olive oil.  (Optionally also drizzle over with lemon juice,
> freshly squeezed.)
>
> One delicious salad is yours. :-)

With one butternut squash diced and oven roasted till tender, and a
pasta of your choice (linguine or farfalle are my preferred). Make an
onion, garlic and sage saute in a deep pan, mix in butternut squash
(mash it) and pasta, sprinkle in pine nuts and serve with parmesan and
optionally drizzle of olive oil.  ->  One pasta dish that melts in
your mouth hot or cold. :o)