Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Dec 12 02:52:27 PST 2013

On 12/12/13 10:01, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Currently I always advocate that C and C++ development should
> always be done with warnings as errors enabled, coupled with
> static analyzers at very least during CI builds, breaking them if
> anything is found.

I do think I owe quite a bit to the university professor who took the scientific
programming course, for instructing us to compile with

     gcc -ansi -pedantic -Wall

Not as comprehensive as -Werror etc., but still a good way to be started off in
programming life.  It's meant that I've always subsequently appreciated the
existence and value of language standards.

And it's generated much amusement among academic colleagues: "Finally, there is
such a virtuous saint among us!" or words to that effect :-P