GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Francesco Cattoglio francesco.cattoglio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 06:18:34 PST 2013

On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 10:43:24 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I'm very keen to resurrect the project (well, start a new one,
> with clean
> code, in D).
> Are there any music game nerds hanging around here who would be
> interested
> in joining a side project like this? It's a lot more
> motivating, and much
> more fun to work in a small team.

I absolutely agree, small teams keep you motivated and discussing
ideas makes the work so much faster.
I can tell you I am interested. I have been thinking about
music-based games for quite a long time, and even took part of
the team that produced a music-based game in a Videogame Design
and Programming class in University. Unfortunately the group
leader was... well... a bad leader in my opinion, and the tool
used was Unity.

This said, if you plan on starting your code from scratch, you
might actually want to do something different from Guitar Hero.
EG: Have you ever played Synaesthete?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp0Gasls0Sg

I find it both amazing and ADDICTING AS HELL, every time I listen
to the songs I feel like playing it over and over and over again.