GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 06:48:38 PST 2013

On 13 December 2013 00:19, John Colvin <john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 12:57:42 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> the
>> drums on hardest difficulty is an accurate representation of the recording
>> artist's skills.
>>

> Well apart from dynamic control* and any real sense of groove/feel. There
> a lot more to being a drummer than just hitting the drums like a metronome
> with arms.
> Nevertheless, it's a lot more representative than the guitars and it does
> teach some of the necessary skills.
>
> *or did that get included later in the franchise?

Sure. But you can still work on those things while playing the game, those
aspects of your performance just won't be accurately recorded or scored.
My drums (from 'band hero', typically considered the best ones they ever
made) do report impact sensitivity, although it's not used by the game for
some reason.

For me, I never played drums, and there's a lot of motor skills required to
tightly synchronise all those limbs that are perfectly applicable skills I
developed while playing those games.
I was so sloppy synchronising hands and feet at first, and my left hand was
kinda gump, would never keep up with my right hand in rolls, and when i
tried to synchronise fast double kicks with hand rolls... keeping all those
motions tight is stuff I wouldn't have if I didn't play those games.