Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:17:43 PST 2013

On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 20:46:26 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/12/2013 12:33 PM, Max Samukha wrote:
>> Don't you find it somewhat alarming that both alternative
>> compilers follow
>> neither the standard inline asm nor ABI?
>
> I find it unfortunate. But it also can be difficult and time
> consuming to reimplement an assembler for those back ends, so I
> can understand why it isn't a priority.

You know that it is not likely to ever be a priority. That's what
will happen: lots of code will be written, using the
peculiarities of each implementation. And then nobody will want
to change the status quo becase "it will break lots of code".