Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 06:59:10 PST 2013

On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 13:07:32 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> Implicite TLS in XP-DLLs has a workaround in druntime for a few
> years now (emulating it for the system). IIRC Denis has even
> found a solution how to unload these DLLs later.

There must still be some bugs, I tried the COM thing not long ago
(I think it was October) and it worked so perfectly on Vista and
Win7 yet failed so miserably on XP. D exes are fine, but the dll
loaded into another program didn't work well at all.

> Usually you should not create a lot of global variables, and if
> I do, I mostly want them shared. But coming from C++ I often
> tend to forget to add the modifier. I remember a few years ago,
> almost every occurrence of TLS in phobos was converted to
> shared or immutable...

Aye.