D benchmark code review

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 08:40:02 PST 2013

On 14 December 2013 02:12, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 05:05 PM, Manu wrote:
>

>> Is it idiomatic to use egyptian braces in D?
>>

> Brackets? Yes.

[] is brackets, {} is braces.

 I've never seen D code written this way...
>> looks like Java.
>>

> Not really, no.

No, as in, people 'not really' write D code that way, or no as in, it
doesn't look like java, except that it does, because only it and javascript
have idiomatic egyptian braces... ;)

I'm just saying, if it's code to be compared against other languages, then
it should conform to the general standards of the language.
I've never seen D code use egyptian braces. Certainly the vast majority of
D code doesn't. I don't care which, but stick with one as a 'standard'. D
has clearly chosen C braces, not Java braces, all the standard libraries
agree.

If you were going to publish some Java code using C braces, how would you
feel about that?