GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 08:48:12 PST 2013

On 14 December 2013 01:35, Szymon Gatner <noemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 15:28:41 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> On 14 December 2013 01:09, Szymon Gatner <noemail at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That is exactly what I do too, all C++ + some .mm files. I rather meant
>>> debugging capabilities of Xcode (well now mych better in v5 but still
>>> crap
>>> compared to VC), code signing, provisions and a need to use command line
>>> instead of IDE for archiving etc. Tbh I am using CMake to keep my
>>> projects
>>> portable so that is a part of a problem but still ;)
>>>

>> Indeed, but I would just never try and debug the iOS build :)
>> I always debug the PC build, and then occasionally you need to fix a
>> straggling iOS specific issue... but they're typically few and far
>> between,
>> particularly if your tech has good portability to start with.
>>

> LOL so I am not the only one he does iOS programming more on Windows than
> on Mac.

Fuck, I'm yet to meet a programmer who does iOS programming on a Mac...
Many of my (professional) friends and colleagues even use Hackintoshes to
do their iOS dev!
I'd never give a cent to Apple and support their exclusive, proprietary,
walled-garden wanker's club if I can help it! ;)

> Btw I was very surprised to see that most (if not all) attendees of DConf
> had Mac Books. I hate mine with passion.

Me too! I was absolutely astonished! Sickened even!
It was 100 times worse when I was standing on that bloody stage looking at
100 little glowing apple logo's on the backs of everyone's screens, twice!
I did manage to resist the urge for public (and filmed) comment, it took
every bit of restraint I had though :P

That said, I'm not so exclusive to not support their platform in my
software. And they do have a good appstore, which is viable for indy's.