D benchmark code review

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 18:29:29 PST 2013

On 14 December 2013 08:10, Ali Çehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 10:20 AM, Brian Rogoff wrote:
>
> > On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 17:30:09 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
> >> Possibly following Andrei's lead, and possible consideration for print?
> >
> > Or possibly Ali just prefers this style?
>
> I used to dislike it until I started working at my current job where
> Egyptian style is the standard.
>
> I am happy that it is common D-style as well.
>
> I am still not sure why I don't like it everywhere (e.g. struct, class,
> function definitions, etc.) :)
>
> void foo()
> {                  // <-- why not here as well? I don't know. :p
>     if (cond) {
>         // ...
>     }
> }

Mmm, I prefer C braces for this reason.
I just can't feel comfortable with egyptian braces applied universally. I
figure, if I can't accept it universally, I can't accept it at all ;) ..
Where are the lines drawn? What are the rules? I don't even know! It's
chaos!
Obviously, I suffer from OCD... I'm one of those whitespace nazi's too :/