D benchmark code review

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 21:44:41 PST 2013

On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 15:58:43 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
> Am 13.12.2013 14:56, schrieb logicchains:
>> I didn't realise D could do that; I've updated the code to use
>> that style of variable declaration. It's interesting to be able
>> to declare two arrays at once like so:
>
> please revert - it looks terrible newbie like, no one except
> Rikki writes it like this
>
> it makes absolutely no sense to pseudo-scope these enums and
> variable declarations, they do not share anything except the
> type AND that is not enough for pseudo-scope

Honestly I've never written code like that. But then again I've
never had 10+ constants of same type in one file before...
For me personally its easier to read as not having the type
duplicated. I'd rather read it once and keep it in mind for a
whole block of them. But I don't mind being unique in this way.