Need sounding board for GUI library

MrSmith mrsmith33 at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 15 07:35:18 PST 2013

> I Have not yet uploaded it, though I would like to. Where would
> be a good place to put it?
Look for github. They also have pretty convenient client for
Windows.

Do widgets internally hold their position and size or they are
recalculated every time gui is rendered?
When widget will relayout its children.
How are you drawing text?
What type of string do use for text rendering (string, wstring,
dstring etc)?
Do you plannig to do declarative markup like QML or XUL?
Do you have any working text editing components?
Have you looked at QTQuick/DQuick?
https://github.com/D-Quick/DQuick

> Also Widgets don't have any positional information in them, or
> style information. This is one of main issues I have with the
> existing GUI libraries.
Does it mean that you have one theme for the whole application.
Do you have any size restrictions in your widget styles or it is
pure appearence information? If later it is fine.