between and among: worth Phobosization?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Dec 16 16:01:52 PST 2013

On Monday, 16 December 2013 at 23:04:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> It's a good idea, but unfortunately we don't have partial
> evaluation. We'd need to move whatever compile-time work is to
> be done in the template arguments area, i.e.

When I think of it, it might be better to let the compiler detect
it and do this as a general optimization. Because you might be
able to collapse two consecutive among() into a single lookup if
the code-structure allows for it. So an early library
optimization could reduce the ability to optimize at a later
stage… *shrug*