between and among: worth Phobosization?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Dec 16 16:46:15 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 17 December 2013 at 00:29:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Documentation should document the *API*, and user code
> shouldn't depend
> on quirks in the current implementation, because it may change
> later
> (bugfixes, optimizations, etc.).

Yes… but when there are quirks that cause your code to not work
it is much easier to locate the problem if you can easily jump
around in the library code. I don't use it much for initial
coding, unless the documentation is missing or if the
documentation lacks proper examples that show how the different
part interact or if the documentation is too verbose. I use it
when I need more insight (like when doing debugging or if I have
to hook into handlers etc).