Inherent code performance advantages of D over C?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Dec 17 07:48:24 PST 2013

I won't continue nitpicking on separate points because it clearly
seems to me we are speaking with completely different
applications in mind. Have you noticed project example I have
described for Manu
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/mznzsfktnzfggckgyeer@forum.dlang.org)?
It does not work with application layer strings (thus not
unicode), does no floating point at all. But lack of forced
inlining or control over emitted symbols would have just killed
it, there is no way anyone would even consider language which
does not provide that, it does not matter how awesome it may be
at higher level of abstraction.

I am not going to argue that D can beat C in user-space domain
because pretty much anything can beat C here. It is not even
worth discussing. Interesting part is world where C is still
completely unrivaled - embedded / barebone. D can _possibly_ beat
C here but is very far from there _right now_ because of missing
basics. Once basics are here, lot of advantages you have
mentioned will really start to matter. Not now.