This forum is often slow, not responding

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Dec 17 13:35:51 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 04:28:27PM -0500, John J wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 01:38 AM, Dfr wrote:
> >Sorry for posting it here, but this is really issue for me. This
> >forum is cool and works very fast, but often it kinda overloaded ?
> >Sometimes pages are opening very slow or 502 Gateway timeout error
> >appears periodically.
>

> I confirm that.
>
> I am from Toronto, Canada (Eastern Time Zone) and I could not access
> the newsgroups the whole night, last night.
>
> I got this error:
> "The operation timed out when attempting to contact news.digitalmars.com."
>
> The other newsgroups (vibe from rejectedsoftware.com) were working fine.

This is a known issue. Last night (PST), for example, I could not access
dlang.org (the website) at all, it just kept timing out. I'm not 100%
sure it's due to the server being overloaded (my ISP may have been at
fault), but since the newsgroup server is known to have load issues in
the past, and since others saw the same problem, I'm suspecting that was
the case.

What are you when you run out of Monet? Baroque.