Go compiler moving from C to Go

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Thu Dec 19 00:56:36 PST 2013

"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote in message

> Actually how is the effort of porting dmd to D going, any idea
> when we could start playing with it?

It's going quite well.  The D version passes the full test suite on win32,
and can compile itself on linux64, as of this week.

There are some instructions here if you're up for building it yourself:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1980

I think we're about two releases away (in terms of remaining work) from
being able to ship ddmd on all supported platforms, and one more from
switching over to D completely.

Unfortunately, it may take much longer (or never happen), because I am STILL
waiting for Walter to move on
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2754