phobos dependencies

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu Dec 19 12:37:31 PST 2013

On Thursday, 19 December 2013 at 07:26:54 UTC, Meta wrote:
> Maybe it's not possible, I'm not well versed on how the
> compiler works. But I think that one module per algorithm may
> be too granular. Hasn't someone suggested splitting it up by
> category, e.g., sorting, mutation, searching, etc.?

Previous discussions about this have come up with just using the
categories already present in std.algorithm's documentation so
it'd be:

std.algorithm.searching
std.algorithm.iteration
std.algorithm.sorting
std.algorithm.set
std.algorithm.mutation

Module tenses and exact naming could change, of course, but just
those categories would break it up pretty evenly while keeping
similar things close together.

Jonathan could probably give some guidance here because as far as
I know he's the only person that has any experience attempting to
break up a large phobos module into a package (std.datetime). I'm
not sure what he has left or what blockers remain for finishing
that up.