Go compiler moving from C to Go

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Dec 19 23:03:57 PST 2013

On Friday, 20 December 2013 at 06:50:41 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 December 2013 at 12:27:57 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>> Russel Winder:
>>
>>> The whole point of Go is to replace C,
>>
>> I didn't know this.
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> Because it's no longer true at all. It was the goal at the
> beginning, but it's no longer, they've said that Go is not a
> system programming language (in the sense that you can
> construct an OS with it).

Even though I rather use D than Go, every time I read that, I am
tempted to prove people wrong. If I had the time for it, that is.

Go offers the same mechanisms for systems programming as Oberon
does. If ETHZ was able to create Native Oberon, AOS and EthOS
with Oberon, why cannot one do an OS with Go?

--
Paulo