DIP53 and DIP49 (ver2) - New definitions for qualified constructors and postblits

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Dec 19 23:43:41 PST 2013

On 20/12/13 01:41, deadalnix wrote:
> If that is an extra learning cost, doesn't it make the semantic more complex,
> almost by definition ?

Compared to ... ?

As far as I can see, it's learning a small extra meaning of 'const' in a context
where it's quite intuitive, versus introducing an extra keyword which is used
_only_ in this context and which is not entirely intuitive.

I'd have said the second would be more complex and more likely to lead to
practical misunderstanding.