DIP53 and DIP49 (ver2) - New definitions for qualified constructors and postblits

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:13:16 PST 2013

On 12/20/13, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> A new keyword is a flag that you have found something different.
> It makes it simpler to learn.

It also steals a valid symbol name. E.g. there's tons of C code that
uses the symbol name "body", but I can't use this symbol because it's
used in DBC. It's a keyword that's used in literally just one feature,
and it's annoying. Plus DBC code just looks ugly to me (at least with
asserts in the actual body I can add diagnostic messages), so I don't
see how "body" has made DBC better.