D archeology

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Dec 20 16:55:11 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 01:47:39AM +0100, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 00:22:23 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
> >I haven't yet secured the client which does the tests, and I
> >imagine that the old DMD versions are full of vulnerabilities, so
> >please don't be a jerk :-) (I hope the client doesn't die, I left
> >it running at work, as I don't have a Windows machine set up at
> >home).
>
> This is not running in a sandbox? And it's running on a *Windows
> machine*?
>
> I really recommend you take it down. Someone will come around and
> infect your work network, it's just a matter of time.

Yeah, this is a very bad idea. This forum is open to the public
Internet; your message could be seen by people who you might not want to
know about your server. You'll get hacked. You really need to run it
inside a sandbox and/or setup user authentication before posting it to
the public Internet.

Never trust an operating system you don't have source for! -- Martin Schulze