D archeology

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Dec 20 17:02:00 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 01:54:49AM +0100, digitalmars-d-bounces at puremagic.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 00:47:49 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> >This is not running in a sandbox? And it's running on a *Windows
> >machine*?
> >
> >I really recommend you take it down. Someone will come around and
> >infect your work network, it's just a matter of time.
>
> To be clear, the user provided source code is not run, it is only
> compiled. Do you really think I should take it down? (They would
> have to read this post, go find a DMD exploit, etc.)

Well, in that case it's not *as* bad of an idea. :P  But still, you want
to be careful any time arbitrary, unfiltered user input is involved,
especially when said user input is code (the executable may not be run,
but remember that D code has CTFE).

Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things, because that would also stop them from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn