D archeology

"Luís "Luís
Fri Dec 20 17:19:31 PST 2013

On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 01:14:05 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> Anyway, I know for a fact that one can easily make DMD go into
> an infinite loop in various ways, so you'd have to implement
> some kind of timeout (not talking about CTFE here, which I
> think is self-limiting).

Yes, I implemented a timeout of just a few seconds (7s, I think).
It's short so that it doesn't take too long to test with all the
compiler versions. I actually tested that the template recursion
is limited (500) but not CTFE (at least in my check of that it
was still executing after about 15 minutes). That's also why
there is already a test called "infinite CTFE", I wanted to make
sure that a DOS could not be achieved with a single test case
(but is still easy at the moment, since I don't have rate
limiting ;))