Using std.container with std.allocator

Etienne etcimon at globecsys.com
Sat Dec 21 09:05:29 PST 2013

I'm trying to implement a caching container that cleans up after its
items based on expiration of nodes. I'd like to use the new
std.allocator to make sure it's restricted to a region in memory.

The documentation of std.container states that Array uses malloc/free,
but does it fallback on the (SharedFreelist) std.allocator if it's used
like this:

struct Item {
	uint hashid;
	uint hashkey;
	U value;
	time_t added;
}

SharedFreelist!(BinaryHeap!(Array!(Item), "a.added < b.added")) m_store;

I need the ability sort by "Item.added" which is why I use BinaryHeap!Array.

How would one go about doing this if it's not possible through Array?