Updated DIP22 - Private symbol visibility

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Sat Dec 21 13:14:42 PST 2013

On 12/21/2013 08:54 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 19:29:28 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Still don't understand how intended and expected behavior can be called
> "bug".

If I make a refactoring and move a function from module A to B, but the
function calls an overload set in A it should not have a different
overload resolution.
Similar case, if I pass an overload set via alias to a traits template
in module B, the template should follow the same overload resolution.
It's very important that we preserve these properties.

> (I don't like updated DIP at all and will be against anything that puts
> private symbols into overload sets)

I don't like them either, but they have some use-cases.