Nginx to D ?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sat Dec 21 13:31:19 PST 2013

On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 21:15:19 UTC, Larry wrote:
> But when I look at UWSGI, it is directly tied to nginx so no
> need
> to manage yet another server and so on. It just works as is,
> redirects to the app and boom, executes the script.

There is no practical difference - uWSGI has own protocol,
reverse proxy mode uses HTTP for it. But usage remains pretty
similar - you just run the app and redirect requests to it,
that's all. With added benefit that it is still a 100% feature
complete and capable application even without any kind of
application server or reverse proxy.

> I don't think I want another server behind nginx. But I will
> lose
> the async capability..

You don't necessarily need nginx, vibe.d is quite capable to act
as only server. It is recommended to put it behind nginx to
reduce possible security concerns and because nginx has a lot
more options to configure HTTP behavior.