[RFC] ∅MQD, a ∅MQ wrapper for D

Kelet kelethunter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 17:49:57 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 00:18:51 UTC, Lars T. Kyllingstad
wrote:
> I've been working on a D wrapper for the ∅MQ (aka. ZMQ/ZeroMQ)
> messaging library, and I think it's nearly ready for an
> "official release".  However, I would immensely appreciate some
> feedback on the API first.
>
> Code:  https://github.com/kyllingstad/zmqd
> Docs:  http://kyllingstad.github.io/zmqd
>
> I've tried to stay as close as possible to the design of the C
> library, while adding a distinct D "feel".  Details are in the
> documentation.
>
> Note that my library is different from the ZeroMQ bindings in
> Deimos, which are simple D bindings to the C API.  (In fact,
> ∅MQD depends on the Deimos bindings.)
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

Hi Lars, I've actually never used ZeroMQ but it seems
interesting. There exists a binding called dzmq[1], but there are
no immediate examples.

Anyhow, if I may, I'd like to suggest a few things:

* Add a license file to your repository. I see that it's under
the Boost Software License from the documentation, though.

* Create a package.json and add it to the DUB registry[2]. I have
taken the liberty at making a simple package.json that may work
but is untested[3].

[1]: https://github.com/kyphelps/dzmq
[2]: http://code.dlang.org/
[3]: $ cat package.json
{
    "name": "zmqd",
    "targetType": "sourceLibrary",
    "description": "a ZeroMQ wrapper for the D programming
language",
    "homepage": "https://github.com/kyllingstad/zmqd",
    "copyright": "Copyright (c) 2013, Lars Kyllingstad",
    "license": "Boost Software License, version 1.0",
    "authors": [ "Lars Kyllingstad" ],
    "importPaths": ["."],
    "sourcePaths": ["."],
    "excludedSourceFiles": ["examples/*"],