GtkD List?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Dec 22 06:25:18 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 10:44 +0000, John Colvin wrote:
[…]
> I assumed by "mailing list" you meant "mailing list / forum /
> newsgroup / golden font of topical chatter"

Or whatever  :-)

> I get that you have a workflow, but surely if you need some
> information it's not too hard to use a forum every so often?

It depends on whether the forum is needed to start a thread but
subsequent contributions to a thread are emailed.

The Gradle folk switched from a perfectly good email list to a shiny
new, cloudy, cool kids, webby forum which has no capability of email (in
a cloudy, webby, cool place who needs that ancient technology called
email?). The Gradle developers have the approach "use the forum or do
not get community support". So I stopped contributing to the Gradle
community.

If the GtkD forum is needed to initiate a thread so be it, but unless I
get emails of the contributions to the created thread, the forum is
worse than useless to me.

Forums are fine if you are only interested in one or two communities,
once you get beyond 10 forums are unworkable. At least for me.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk