Go compiler moving from C to Go

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Dec 22 15:59:11 PST 2013

Iain Buclaw:

> That same support is never going to happen.  Not because of
> disagreement, but because our backends are designed to work most
> naturally in conflicting ways.

I think this means that working to make DMD better is a good
idea, because every compiler has different strengths, like Walter
says.

> and that core.simd.__simd thingy.

What are the problems with that thing?

> x86-specific and x86-centric are implied on all DMD's features
> mentioned above.

While the work to support other CPUs (and GPUs) is important,
even at Phobos/language level, x86 is still an important CPU, so
the work to make its support good is not wasted time :-)

Bye,
bearophile