DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Dec 22 18:53:41 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 01:39:24AM +0000, Dicebot wrote:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP54
>
> This is follow-up of several hot discussion threads that have
> happened several months ago. It has become pretty clear that there
> is no good way out of existing situation and least bad needs to be
> picked just to move forward (because it still be better than current
> horrible one)
>
> Linked proposal was discussed in short e-mail conversation with
> Andrei (with silent observation with Walter) and is mostly
> pre-approved. I am interested in general opinion of community and
> suggestions for any smaller tweaks before starting to work on pull
> requests.
>
> Thanks for your attention.

I approve of this proposal. Even though it's not 100% ideal, it is still
better than the current situation.

People who want auto-expanding template argument lists can still do
this:

	template ExpandingArgList(T...) {
		alias ExpandingArgList = T;
	}

Just like we have now.

If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are
perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in
frightful danger of seeing it for the first time. -- G. K. Chesterton