DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 23 02:15:18 PST 2013

On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 01:39:26 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP54
>
> This is follow-up of several hot discussion threads that have
> happened several months ago. It has become pretty clear that
> there is no good way out of existing situation and least bad
> needs to be picked just to move forward (because it still be
> better than current horrible one)
>
> Linked proposal was discussed in short e-mail conversation with
> Andrei (with silent observation with Walter) and is mostly
> pre-approved. I am interested in general opinion of community
> and suggestions for any smaller tweaks before starting to work
> on pull requests.
>
> Thanks for your attention.

It's great thank you.

I totally agree that `TypeTuple` name is a problem,
`TemplateArgumentList` looks much better.

About `auto-expansion` problem: please add documentation that
describes difference between `auto-expansion TypeTuple` and
`TemplateArgumentList without auto-expansion`. I personally don't
know any difference, probably because I didn't write too
complicated meta code.

Also, can we keep bouth `auto-expansion TypeTuple` and
`TemplateArgumentList whitout auto-expansion` (maybe, in a
different module)? Or, maybe, can we add documentation how to
convert any  `auto-expansion TypeTuple` to the
`TemplateArgumentList without auto-expansion`.

Thanks.