DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 02:22:55 PST 2013

On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 09:14:46 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 01:39:26 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP54
>>
>> This is follow-up of several hot discussion threads that have
>> happened several months ago. It has become pretty clear that
>> there is no good way out of existing situation and least bad
>> needs to be picked just to move forward (because it still be
>> better than current horrible one)
>>
>> Linked proposal was discussed in short e-mail conversation
>> with Andrei (with silent observation with Walter) and is
>> mostly pre-approved. I am interested in general opinion of
>> community and suggestions for any smaller tweaks before
>> starting to work on pull requests.
>>
>> Thanks for your attention.
>
> This is great.
>
> My implementation of this, recently updated:
> https://github.com/John-Colvin/meta-d

Notes:

I haven't put the new names in yet, Pack -> TemplateArgumentList
(personally I prefer Pack, as it isn't the same as a template
argument list)

Having Pack in a template mixin is only needed for the opDispatch
ufcs stuff. It could be dropped.

The meta.algorithm module is incomplete compared to std.algorithm

I still include Seq (i.e. TypeTuple). Sometimes a true template
argument list is needed.