DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Dec 23 03:24:21 PST 2013

On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 11:08:26 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> We always seem to forget that all newbies will eventually become
> experienced current users. Current (experienced) users need a
> little
> respect as well, not everything has to be tailored to the next
> batch
> of newbies by breaking existing users' code. Documentation and
> tutorials are the solutions here.

And experienced users tend to overrate value of their own habits
;) Your point would have been strong if it was some fundamental
inconvenience blocking certain power use cases. However in this
scenario it is just matter of litle extra typing buried deep
inside generic libraries. I think I can call myself
metaprogramming power user too but I am eager to to those micro
extra efforts for the sake of standard library simplicity.

Also while assumption that everyone will eventually become
experienced user is true, not everyone will eventually be dealing
with template algorithms - it is mostly business of library
writers. And this newsgroup can give wrong impression about
amount of library writers relatively to general user count :)