DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Mon Dec 23 05:41:06 PST 2013

On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 11:59:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 11:50:08 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> This misunderstanding arose because the name of the construct
>> is misleading.
>
> Can explain this a bit? What makes one miss distinction between
> language term and library type? (Hint: latter is denoted by
> CamelCase ;))

Language exists by itself, library feature is composed from
language features and, as it happens often, they can interact in
unexpected/unforseen/broken way.

Take typedef and Typedef for example (bearophile often posts
shortcommings of the latter). Irrespective of whether each of
them is good/bad, this is a clear example of differences between
language feature and library feature.

Personally I am upset when I get some weird Phobos structure
which simulates language feature, rathen then having feature in
the language in first place.