GtkD, DMD, GDC and LDC2

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Dec 23 08:02:21 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-23 at 02:03 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/22/2013 11:46 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Also interesting to note that -o- appears to do bizarre things with both
> > DMD and LDC2 (not an issue for GDC of course).
>
> What are you expecting -o- to do? It is documented to suppress generation of .o
> files.

The questions I have are:

Should -o- stop the creation of the final executable?

Why is a file with the name of the final executable created?

What I had inferred, perhaps erroneously, was that -o- would just avoid
writing the .o files whilst creating the final executable. However
neither DMD or LDC2 do this. LDC2 generates no files, whilst DMD
generates a file with the name of the final executable but which is not
an executable.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk